Sunday, May 3, 2015

We Yell


Food foraging on campus -- walnuts and lemons, oh my!


Practicing photo editing on my Samsung galaxy S4. 
Forgiveness. (Read caption)


A confoundingly green autumn day.




More typical autumn colors

Tree working that ombre effect without bleach

Nachos!
Speaking loud and being surrounded by Americans:





My Austrian roommate,  (Viennese, she'd have me emphasize) made a spry comment about her experience of international living and laughing.  She's always witty and quick, but the way this realization hit her clear as day made for a memorable moment of humorous honesty:
"Back home I am somewhat of am anomaly. .. I can't help it that when I find something really funny, I LAUGH.  Some girls can contain themselves with a tiny little giggle...."
(She proceeds to coyly cover her mouth and feign timid noises of delight. ...)
".. but me,  when I find something really funny,  I LAUGH.  loud!  I kid you not:
back home I am accustomed to my friends telling me to 'Frankie, Please Be Quieter,  You're Being So Louuuud,'  on average 3  times a day.  But here,  surrounded by Americans,  it has been almost 3 months and I haven't been asked to quiet down even once! !!!!!"
Ah,  international revelations.  It was so sweet to see how thrilled dear Frankie was to realize that not only is she not being asked to politely Shut Up on a regular basis, but the joy of discovering that she is rarely even in the top 10% of the loudest people in a given room!



No comments:

Post a Comment